Today, I want to you write a reflective paragraph about your middle school GT experience. Be sure that you have a thesis statement or a main idea. J Be sure to provide details. Think about the tone that you want to convey to your classmates.
Once you’ve done this, think about a dish (from your culture or one that just happens to be your favorite) that compliments what you’ve written.
You could use the dish as your inspiration. We will have our End of Middle School Faire on Friday. J
Tom Sawyer: Characterization/County Food Fair – Thursday, June 4th! (unless you let me know you were bringing it Friday)
- Choose a character who interested you the most and that you’d like to analyze using STEAL.
- It can be a major character, a minor character, a moral character, or an immoral character.
- The cardstock is for your FINAL, so work on scratch paper.
- As part of the brainstorming process, you will need to look for 2 interesting pieces of text evidence for each letter of the STEAL acronym. That means you will have 10 pieces of interesting and revealing text evidence that allows you to analyse your chosen character.
- These 10 pieces of text evidence should come from throughout the book, not just from one section. These must show or reveal who your character is as a person (STEAL).
- Be sure to include the analysis and the 5 to 7 of the most revealing pieces of text evidence on your cardstock. This must be neatly and creatively done.
- The analysis can be done for each letter or written in paragraph form.
- You will need to illustrate your character. The illustration and the analysis should be all on the front of the cardstock.
“County Food Fair”: Match a Southern dish to your character. For example, if I analyse Huck Finn, I might choose Mississippi Mud Pie to represent him – (layered (multi-dimensional, hard crust (life’s struggles), chocolate (dark), and white (innocence), Mississippi (regional).
Here is the Answer Key for your Grammar 4Level